Monday, August 29, 2005

Pictures from saturday August 27th 2005

For those of you who missed it, saturday was as good as it gets for a cross country meet. The weather was great, the competition was good, and the results showed that this year's teams are already as good as or better than last year's version. I'm experimenting with different ways to post pictures without using up too much bandwidth.

This link
http://www.photoshow.net/view/DvXPzsHBe will take you to a slide show of pictures that I took on saturday. I didn't do any editing. I use a small pocket size point and shoot camera which was not designed for sports or action pictures, so many pictures look like I was standing in another county. Add to that that the pictures are further compressed at least twice before they can be uploaded and the quality drops way down. The originals are actually pretty good and I can print decent copies if there is one that you really like just let me know. They should come up in the order that the races were run. There are only a few from the last race because I ran out of memory. I think I have at least one picture of everyone who ran except Doug. Sorry Doug I'm sure I pushed the button but when I got home and looked where your picture should have been there was an extra shot of Flanders. I have no idea what happened. The music and the effects are a generic default package that I just left on. My kids inform me that the music is lame but it's free and I didn't have time to go looking for anything else. I will post some of the better individual pictures on the site tomorrow.

It does take a few minutes to load so be patient.

No comments: