Thursday, October 11, 2007

Conference is tomorrow afternoon ( Friday 12th)

Sorry for going AWOL, but work has kept me rather busy of late.

Conference is tomorrow and the info looks like this:

PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS ON FRIDAY NOT SATURDAY

Woodland Cross Country Conference Meet

Friday October 12th, 2007 at Whitnall High School


School Dismissal: 12:30

Race Times:
2:45 Coaches Meeting
3:15 Girls JV Race
3:45 Boys JV Race
4:15 Girls Varsity Race
4:45 Boys Varsity Race

Awards: Will be given out @ 5:30 on the football field.

I realize that many of you will have to leave right after your race for Marching Band, please make a wise decision between Cross Country and Band. Your parents may drive you home once your race is over. Have the green slip signed by a parent.

from I-43 (towards Beloit), go South on Hwy. 100/45 to W. Edgerton Avenue. West on Edgerton Avenue (the first right) to 116th St. North on 116th St to the high school on the right.

The meet is at the High School not at a park.
----

we have never run on this course before so I have no idea how it will run. I have been told that it is flat and fast but that it has stretches of asphalt that will be a pain for spikes. It sounds promising and the weather should be good.

The boys are favored to win the race both as a team and individually if everything goes right. Whitnall could upset, but I doubt it.

See you all there!

Next week is sectionals. It is up by Port washington at Tendick Park. It is on Saturday the 20th. Probably in the morning, but I will check and confirm.

The next week is State at the Ridges Golf Course. That's Saturday the 27th.

I don't know why it has been so hard to get accurate info this year. I apologize.

I do have material from the last several meets. I will post pictures etc. this weekend if I can.

Cheers.

No comments: